Monday, September 28, 2015

Response to Jeanine Antoni's video

                I was truly inspired by Antoni's works. I think they got it right when they said in the article that Antoni's works, "blur the distinction between performance art and sculpture." I never thought of combining the two.
               The concept of the cow in her pieces really interests me, as I have been collecting these adorable bovines since I can remember. I love cows! And almost for the same reasons. Her creative juices are out of this world and we are gently led to drink of hers. I love when an artist can accomodate us with such beverage!
                The "Moor" piece is very heartfelt,  and to make a life rope using all the people you are connected to is truly moving. To touch the horizon, to re-connect with the surface history of our life in this way...Antoni, inspires....

No comments:

Post a Comment